My first wedding of the season was on June 11th, way up in the mountains of New Hampshire at Cobb Hill Estate. I first met the bride and groom, Lindsey and Luke, over the winter when we discussed their plans for the day and what they were looking for in wedding photography. They were both so relaxed about the whole thing and encouraged me to basically do my thing and go with the flow. They had booked their wedding at a beautiful mountaintop home in Harrisville, NH and I couldn’t wait to see the view myself!

Their wedding day dawned overcast and by the time I got to Harrisville, it was absolutely pouring rain. Understandably, everyone was glued to the weather report looking for any hope of clear skies. I wasn’t all that concerned; I’ve shot in the rain before and there’s something pretty romantic about it, actually. I brought plenty of protection for my gear (but forgot a jacket for myself, naturally). I sat up in the master suite with Lindsey and the girls while they got ready and we all watched the rain come down. Laughter still rang through the halls of the big home, though; they weren’t going to let a bit of rain spoil their happy day!


Personal details were everywhere I looked: lovely hand-painted Tardis shoes, handmade bouquets of paper flowers, and handmade hair clips. Lindsey looked absolutely gorgeous in her beautiful dress.


The guys were downstairs in a beautiful airy room with huge windows. They all got some advice from one of the groomsmen about the best way to tie their ties and adjust their cufflinks. The night before, they had stayed up playing music, and the guitar was still out on the table.

Meanwhile, things were looking better outside. The ceremony started at 4pm; at around 3pm, the rain stopped and everyone breathed a sigh of relief!


What a beautiful ring!


After the groom and his groomsmen were finished getting ready, I did some portraits of them all together, and of each groomsman. They were a handsome bunch!


It was the girls’ turn for their portraits. They were so funny together and really made my job easy.


Luke made some last minute adjustments to his vows, Luke and Lindsey’s son played peek-a-boo with me, and then we did a first look outside on the deck. Though the skies never cleared up much, I was still happy for Luke and Lindsey that they didn’t have to get married in the rain.


I was pretty excited that they wanted to do a first look because that meant we could get some nice portraits of the two of them alone before the ceremony. Lindsey pointed this tree out to me when I first arrived and said “I really love that tree” so I made sure to include it in some of their images.


The ceremony was sweet and even included their little boy, Nicholas.


Nicholas was called up about ten minutes into the ceremony. Luke and Lindsey both read a letter to him, and then he participated in a sand ceremony. It was so sweet and Nicholas was the star of the show at this point.


He did a great job pouring the sand into the jar. I was impressed!


They said their vows, exchanged rings, and then were pronounced husband and wife! Everyone was elated.


I loved their grey and purple colour scheme. It went perfectly with their mountaintop venue.


Family portraits were next!


Then my favourite part: the happy newlyweds together.


Then it was time to enjoy a delicious meal and party the night away. Everyone had a wonderful time. The smiles were all warm and genuine, the dancefloor was hopping, and I once again felt like I had the best job ever.


Add Your Comment

thirteen + two =